Monday 23 April 2012

Tyson Beckford for MRPORTER.COM

TYSON BECKFORD FOR MRPORTER.COM







Tomorrow’s edition of the MRPORTER.COM online magazine The Journal features an interview with Mr Tyson Beckford, one of the most successful male models of all time and host of the new series of Britain and Ireland’s Next Top Model.

In an exclusive photoshoot for Mr Porter, Tyson reveals what it takes to be a top male model, and talks candidly about his experience within the industry; from the wild parties of the 1990s to working with close friend Naomi Campbell, and what it’s like to be married to a Victoria’s Secret angel.

"As a kid I had bad teeth and crazy hair. I was as skinny as a rail. I remember going to castings, walking in, and the man at the front desk informing me, 'Deliveries are round the back.' That sort of racism was fairly common. Of course I also got grief from my male friends back home, who thought my job was to walk around in a thong the entire time. But then the ads started coming out: rocking up in a Ferrari tends to shut people up."


For more on Tyson's shoot check out MRPORTER.COM tomorrow!!







1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow great news about him hosting the next series of BNTM...what a guy! Love this post

http://mystyleramblings.blogspot.com